March 14, 2020

Dear friends, participants, and interested parties in the Polyglot Cruise.

As the situation surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak grows worse and worse we have reached a stage, where we see no other option than to postpone the inaugural Polyglot Cruise until April 17-24, 2021.

This comes as no easy decision for us, but with the following incidents in mind we don’t anticipate any improvements in the situation over the next month or so before we are due to depart.

  • President Trump banning all European flights
  • Princess, Viking, and Virgin cruise lines halting operations for an extended period of time
  • Costa Pacifica (our ship!) has already cancelled its trips departing on 23/03, 27/03 and 03/04.
  • Aggressive growth of the virus in Europe, especially Spain and Italy.
  • Countries enforcing lockdowns, quarantine periods, and travel bans.

It’s totally possible that the cruise COULD have gone ahead, but we feel like too many people would be forced to cancel anyway, and we’d rather put up an amazing first event when everything is safe – than to risk anything and have the entire thing overshadowed by this horrible situation.

What this means for you as a registered participant

Your ticket will be transferred onto the next Polyglot Cruise (April 17-24, 2021) as a full credit, to be used towards the class of cabin you want to be booked in

It hurts me a lot to do have to postpone the event, but it’s the right thing to do at this time.


Polyglot Cruise Head Organiser


Event Sponsors